tl;dr: On track.
Back in January, I wrote about my New Years’ Resolutions. I’m now 45 days in, and things are going pretty well.
- Health and Finance: A dry January. Dry January has turned into dry February. Beyond idle thoughts “What should I do right now? In the old days, I’d pour myself a drink” and ten tough seconds (someone opened a delicious-smelling bottle of wine), I haven’t missed alcohol at all.
- Health: Track my weight and other metrics. Done. I’m weighing in on my smart scale twice a week. I have a blood pressure cuff now; I haven’t been using it very regularly though. All metrics are headed in the right direction.
- Health: Find sustainable fitness habits. Going great. I’ve bought a fancy treadmill and started using it, along with the exercise bike I bought in August 2020 and haven’t used until now. I’m working out at least 5 days a week for an hour or more. I also signed up for the Austin Capitol 10K in April, although I expect to walk a lot of it.
- Travel: Haven’t yet booked an Alaska cruise, but it’s still on the back burner. I did book a near-repeat of the Christmas cruise for me and the kids over Spring break, and I’ve made some progress on bigger travel plans.
- Finance: Spend more intentionally. Between the treadmill and the cruise, I’ve spent a lot of money so far in 2022, but for the most part it doesn’t feel wasted. The stock market hasn’t been doing too well, so I’m not feeling super-duper secure here.
- Life: Produce more. I haven’t done a ton of this, beyond blogging and working on tools. I’m trying Hello Fresh, which has been educational and interesting– I’ve not really cooked anything remotely fancy before. I’ve also made some progress on delayed and on-going house projects though.
Sadly, work has not been going great, but everything else in life seems to be considerably better than a few months ago.