From 2009 to 2015, I wrote 237 posts on my blog “IEInternals”. Unfortunately, while much of the content is still valuable (for historical interest, if nothing else) the blog host has now broken all of the urls and search.
As I cite IEInternals posts, I’ll add their Internet Archive links to a list here.
- URL Length Limits – INTERNET_MAX_URL_LENGTH is 2083 characters, but that’s not used everywhere
- IE/WinINET Cookie FAQ (alt) – Observations of non-standard cookie behavior in IE
- Local Intranet Zone and Proxies – How a proxy server can impact zone determination
- Windows Server as a Workstation – IE’s Enhanced Security Configuration
- Understanding Zone Elevation and Enhanced Protected Mode and Local Files
- Application Protocol Handlers
- UA String Use and Abuse; IE11 User-Agent string
- URL Fragments and Redirects; now well-spec’d in HTTP.