When you encounter a problem in Microsoft Edge, you can let the team know about it using the … Menu > Help and Feedback > Send Feedback command.
Clicking this menu item will open Edge’s feedback wizard, which provides tons of options about what information will be submitted along with your bug report. Generally speaking, the more data you provide, the more likely it is that we will be able to resolve the problem you encountered.
- A good description of the problem (What happened? What did you expect?) is the basis of a good feedback report.
- If you omit or alter the URL of the page with a problem, it can make it almost impossible for us to do anything about it.
- If you omit your email address, we won’t be able to contact you to share a workaround or ask for more information.
- Diagnostic data is often very useful for helping to understand what browser configuration choices (installed extensions, configured permissions, Enterprise policies, etc) might be impacting your scenario.
- A picture is worth a thousand words, so a screenshot is super-useful for helping us understand what you’re seeing.
The most complete and useful feedback report is one with a Recreate my problem trace attached to it. This trace allows you to reproduce the problem while recording a video of your tab (or screen) and a network trace.
To add the repro trace, click the Recreate my problem button at the bottom of the feedback screen:
…or click the diagnostic data link and click the Recreate my problem tab.
Tick the checkbox to indicate that you understand that the capture is likely to contain personal data (which will be transmitted and stored securely by Microsoft), and then click the Start recording button:
A prompt will appear to allow you to select which portion of the screen to record. You can either choose to record the whole screen, the Edge window (use this one to report problems in the browser’s menus/toolbars/etc) or just the tab exhibiting a problem:
Then, go back to the tab and reproduce the problem you encountered. After doing so, return to the feedback window and choose Stop Recording and Save and Include.
If you later change your mind and want to remove the video or network traffic log before submitting your feedback report, you can do so using the Remove links shown on the Recreate my problem screen.
Finally, click the Send button on your feedback report. Your report will be securely uploaded to Microsoft over HTTPS and will be placed in our secure bug-reporting database. Triage teams will soon examine your report, attempting to reproduce and root cause the problem so that we can fix it for you and everyone else in an update to Microsoft Edge.
Thanks for your help!